巧媚飞舞 发表于 2016-4-13 19:04:38

看美剧学英语:How to Be "Casual"? (Part 2)

How I Met Your Mother 第一季第二集 节选Previously on How I Met Your Mother S01E02:Ted threw a party for Robin, but she didn’t show up. He was visibly disappointed. Scene 1:After the First PartyLily: At least it was a great party.Marshall: I ate like four whole cans of dip.“answer the phone”,“get the phone”:接电话。例:Vel, can you get the phone, please—I’m making dinner. (Vel,你能去接下电话吗?我正在做饭呢。) Ted: I guess you never showed up, did you?Robin: No, I got stuck at work. But they finally got the kid out of the crane machine.解析:<!---->1. <!---->never是否定意义的词,所以它的反义疑问句用“did you”。<!---->2. <!---->get stuck at work 工作脱不开身We would have been here sooner, but we were stuck in the traffic. 交通拥堵<!---->3. <!---->crane machine:可以指起重机,这里指游乐场的这种夹娃娃机器。 -Did he get to keep the purple giraffe?-Yes. They let him keep all the toys. He was in there a long time and little kids have small bladders.解析:(1)get to: to have permission or an opportunity to do something that you want to do (被允许/有机会得到)例:Tom gets to go to Disneyland this summer. (今年夏天Tom得以去迪斯尼乐园玩。)<!---->(2)<!---->Little kids have small bladders. 小孩膀胱小(意思就是他尿裤子了。) In order to invite Robin casually again, Ted decides to throw a second party. It’s a two-day party, 'cause that’s just how we roll. Scene 2:After the Second PartyAnd Robin missed the party again. Why?
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 看美剧学英语:How to Be "Casual"? (Part 2)