Amily爱美丽 发表于 2016-5-7 19:03:19

《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第4部分)

《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第4部分)1. Carlos, who worked in mergers and acquisitions, proposed on their third date. Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes.touched: feeling happy and grateful because of what someone has done 例:We were deeply touched by their present.(我们被他们送的礼物深深打动了。) Cathryn was touched that Sarah had come to see her off.(看到莎拉来为自己送行,凯瑟琳非常感动。) well: v. if a liquid wells or wells up, it comes to the surface of something and starts to flow out例:''well''常与''up''连用。I felt tears well up in my eyes.(我热泪盈眶了。)Tears of joy welled up in her eyes.(她的眼中尽是喜悦的泪水。) 1. Gabrielle liked her paella piping hot.1. However, her relationship with her husband was considerably cooler.considerably: much or a lot ……得多例:It's considerably colder today.(今天比昨天冷多了。) The house was considerably more expensive than what we could afford.(这个房子我们打死买不起。)备注:在这两个例子中,''considerably''的同义词是''much'',''considerably''后面接比较级。Conditions have improved considerably over the past few years.(最近几年,情况已经好很多了。) 备注:在这个例子中,''considerably''的同义词是''a lot''。 1. Why don't I just pin the receipt to my chest?pin: to fasten something somewhere, or to join two things together, using a pin 用别针别住paella: 西班牙海鲜炒饭piping hot: piping hot liquid or food has just been cooked and is very hot, especially in a way that makes it seem good to eat 热腾腾的 例:The coffee was served piping hot.(咖啡端上来的时候热腾腾的。) Heat the fish under a grill and serve piping hot.(把鱼烤好,热热地端上来。)piping hot soup(热气腾腾的汤)She handed him a piping hot bread roll and a steaming cup of coffee.(她递给他一个热腾腾的小餐包,外加一杯冒着热气的咖啡。)补充:形容食物很烫,除了用''piping hot'',还可以用''hot'', ''steaming/steaming hot'', ''scalding/scalding hot''等等。① hot: 例:The soup's very hot. Let it cool down a bit.(汤很烫,凉一会再喝。)The waitress set down a pot of hot tea and a plate of cakes.(服务员在桌上放了一壶热茶,一碟蛋糕。)Dozens of volunteers serve hot meals to 200 homeless people every night.(每天晚上都有很多志愿者为200多个无家可归的人送来热饭。)② steaming/steaming hot: a drink or a food such as soup that is steaming or steaming hot is very hot, so that you can see the steam coming from it 冒着热气的,热气腾腾的例:Cooper held a steaming mug of coffee.(古博端着一杯冒着热气的咖啡。)The soup was served steaming hot in a large bowl.(汤装在一个大碗里热腾腾地端上来。)③ scalding/scalding hot: a drink that is scalding or scalding hot is so hot that it hurts your mouth if you try to drink it 烫嘴的例:I burned my mouth on the scalding hot coffee.(我喝咖啡烫到了嘴。)a cup of scalding tea(烫嘴的热茶)例:''pin''常与介词''to/on''连用。 Can you pin this to the notice board?(你把这个钉到告示栏上去,好吗?) He pinned the name tag on his jacket.(他把胸牌别到夹克上。) receipt: a piece of paper that you are given which shows that you have paid for something 购物小票 例:Keep your receipt in case you want to bring it back.(保留好购物小票,退换货时需要提供小票。) Can you give me a receipt?(请给我购物小票。)

巧媚飞舞 发表于 2016-5-10 16:49:42

看着看着有点饿,真想出去大吃一顿:'(
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第4部分)