巧媚飞舞 发表于 2016-5-31 18:52:22

《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E15学习笔记(第五部分)

1.Shannon: It's just, he'sstill supporting me.解析:support: to provide enough money forsomeone to pay for all the things they need 养活例:I have a wife and two children to support.(我还要养活老婆和两个孩子。) support somebody by (doing) something She supports her family by teaching eveningclasses.(她靠在夜校教书养家糊口。) support yourself I have no idea how I am going to supportmyself.(我不知道要怎么养活自己。) 1. Shannon: Look,he's coming by soon to talk about it. 解析:come by: to make a short visit to a placeon your way to somewhere else 顺路拜访某地 例:He said he'd come by later.(他说他待会会过来。) I'llcome by the house and get my stuff later, OK?(我待会过来拿我寄存的东西,好吗?)Barney: She was in themiddle of a heated argument with her dad.解析:be in the middle of (doing) something: tobe busy doing something例:Can I call you back - I'm in the middle ofa meeting.(我稍候给你回电话好吗?我正忙着开会。) I was in the middle of sorting some paperswhen the phone rang.(电话响的时候,我正忙着整理文件。) Marshall: Barney,that was really embarrassing for both of us. We just earned a huge chunk of story.解析:a (huge/large) chunk (of): a large part oramount of something例:The rent takes a large chunk out of mymonthly salary.(我月薪很大一部分要用来付房租。) A huge chunk of the audience got up andleft before the end of the show.(演出还没结束就有很多观众起身离开了。) 1. Shannon: Youshould go to the Peace Corps and forget about me.解析:forget: 既可以做“及物动词”,也可以做“不及物动词”。(1)及物动词:例:I'm sorry, I’ve forgotten your name.(抱歉,我不记得你名字了。) What happened that day will never beforgotten.(那天发生的事大家都忘不了。) (2)不及物动词:例:**** Hidden Message ***** Barney: Sheand Greg dated for a while and then split up.解析:split up: if people split up, or if someonesplits them up, they end a marriage or relationship with each other 分手 例:Steve's parents split up when he was four.(史蒂夫的父母在他四岁时离婚了。) split up with I thought she'd split up with herboyfriend.(我觉得她已经跟男朋友分手了。)split somebody up Why would she try to split us up?(她为什么想拆散我们?) Barney: Buthere's the real kicker: Shannon is a mom.

解析:kicker: a surprising or important ending tosomething 备注:''kicker''常用于美式英语中。 例:The kicker came when the reporter asked therunner whether she was tired.(记者问她比赛完累不累,她的回答出人意料。) 1. Barney: Icould be cooped up in some tiny apartment... 解析:cooped up: adj. having to stay for aperiod of time in a place that is too small 蜗居例:Itisn't good for you to be cooped up in the house all day.(你整天窝在家里不出去不好。)

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E15学习笔记(第五部分)