巧媚飞舞 发表于 2016-6-4 16:30:03

《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E12学习笔记(第四部分)

本帖最后由 巧媚飞舞 于 2016-6-4 16:33 编辑

《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E12学习笔记(第四部分)1. Lily: Wait, two things. First of all, I've been laying groundwork all afternoon.解析:groundwork: something that has to happen before an activity or plan can be successful基础备注:''groundwork''经常与''lay''或''do''两个动词搭配。例:His speech laid the groundwork for independence.(他的演讲为独立运动打下基础。) Much of the groundwork has already been done .(基础工作大部分都做好了。)1. Robin: That's what I was going for.解析:go for (someone or something) : to like someone or something例:When I see how she looks at him, I can tell she really goes for him.(瞧她看他的样子,我知道她真的很喜欢他。)I don't really go for modern art.(我不太喜欢现代艺术。)I could go for a cup of coffee right now.(我现在想喝杯咖啡。)1. Lily: Oh. OK, OK, we'll, we'll sneak her in.解析:提取码回复内容可见:**** Hidden Message *****例:Such an expensive project will be a hard sell during these slow economic times.(现在经济发展缓慢,这么花钱的一个项目可不好推行啊。)1. Stuart: Dude, no problem whatsoever.解析:whatsoever: adj. of any kind or amount at all; used to emphasize a negative statement 任何,完全没……备注:''whatsoever''常常后置使用。例:There's no evidence whatsoever to support your theory.(完全没有证据支持你的理论。)She'll use any means whatsoever to achieve her goals.(她为了达到目的会不择手段。) His remark has nothing whatsoever to do with you.(他完全没有指摘你。)''Is there any reason to wait?'' ''None whatsoever.''(-有什么理由得等吗?-没理由,想等就等。)Ted: We can't sneak her in, we're not ninjas.解析:sneak:备注:''sneak''可以做不及物动词,也可以做及物动词。(1)不及物动词:to move quietly or secretly without being noticed 偷偷溜进例:They tried to sneak into the movie without paying.(他们想不买票偷偷溜进去看电影。)He sneaked past the guard.(他混过保安偷偷进来了。)(2)及物动词:to take or bring something secretly and often quickly 偷偷带……进去,偷偷拿……例:提取码回复可见**** Hidden Message *****Can I sneak a peek at your quiz answers?(我能不能偷看一下你的试卷答案?)1. Ted: Oh, it's gonna be a tough sell.

3AQVJGIT09I8 发表于 2021-4-27 18:24:44

谢谢分享
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E12学习笔记(第四部分)