[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
发表于 2016-6-7 18:32:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
《老爸老妈浪漫史》S01E12学习笔记(第五部分)
1. Ted: Wow, wow, thanks for being so cool about this, 'cause you know Claudia said...谢谢你这么通融,Claudia说……
Stuart: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, this morning at the rehearsal, Claudia called our 7-year-old flower girl a whore. So, don't take it personally, she's just a little stressed. 好啦好啦,今天早上婚礼彩排的时候,Claudia把我们7岁的花童骂作“婊子”。所以,别把这事放心上,她就是压力太大了。
1.JPG
解析:
take: to understand or think about something in a certain way
常见的有:''take it personally'', ''take it the wrong way''等等。
例:
He says unkind things to everyone. Try not to take it personally.(=try not to be offended by what he said.)(他骂了大家,大家别放在心上。)
Don't take this the wrong way (=do not be offended by this), but I think you could find a better boyfriend.(我这么说你别介意,我觉得你可以交到个更好的男朋友。)
Lily: Honey, this magazine says more and more couples are opting to have non-traditional weddings out in the woods. 亲爱的,这本杂志上说,越来越多新人选择在树林里举行非传统的婚礼。
2.JPG
4.JPG
解析:
be off: if an event or activity is off, it has been canceled because of a sudden problem or change in someone's plans
例:
I'm afraid the party's off. Nick won't let us use his apartment.(恐怕派对要取消了,尼克不让我们用他的公寓。)
She called me yesterday to tell me that the deal was off.(她昨天打电话给我,说合约取消。)
The game that was on is now off.(比赛刚才还在进行,现在取消了。)
In the case of a tie, all bets are off.(平局的话,所有赌注取消,不输不赢。)
解析:
opt: to choose one thing instead of another
备注:''opt''是不及物动词,常出现的形式是''opt for something''''opt to do something''
例:
提取码回复可见:
游客,如果想要查看本帖资源下载地址或者密码,请回复
Claudia: ... always undermining me at every turn.
3.JPG
解析:
(1)undermine: to gradually make someone or something less strong or effective 削弱
例:
She tried to undermine my authority by complaining about me to my boss.(她向老板告我的状,想借此削弱我。)
The events of the past year have undermined people's confidence in the government.(去年的事件减少了人们对政府的信心。)
(2)at every turn: happening again and again, especially in an annoying way
例:提取码回复可见:
游客,如果想要查看本帖资源下载地址或者密码,请回复
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

阿卡索英语试课大礼包

领取一节外教课|手机版|阿卡索官方社区

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 21:52 , Processed in 0.414269 second(s), 26 queries .